I believe that inner peace ultimately leads to external peace. By calming our inner world, we can bring a sense of peacefulness into our external world even affecting other people around us.
These 11 simple ideas can help you get started
- Reduce the amount of time you read the newspapers or watch the news on TV.
- Stay away from negative conversations and from negative people.
- Don’t hold grudges. Learn to forget and forgive. Nurturing ill feelings and grievances hurts you and causes lack of sleep.
- Don’t be jealous of others. Being jealous means that you have low self-esteem and consider yourself inferior to others. This again, causes lack of inner peace.
- Accept what cannot be changed. This saves a lot of time, energy and worries.
- Every day we face numerous inconveniences, irritations and situations that are beyond our control. If we can change them, that’s fine, but this is not always possible. We must learn to put up with such things and accept them cheerfully.
- Learn to be more patient and tolerant with people and events.
- Don’t take everything too personally. Some emotional and mental detachment is desirable. Try to view your life and other people with a little detachment and less involvement. Detachment is not indifference, lack of interest or coldness. It is the ability to think and judge impartially and logically. Don’t worry if again and again you fail to manifest detachment. Just keep trying.
- Let bygones be gone. Forget the past and concentrate on the present moment. There is no need to evoke unpleasant memories and immerse yourself in them.
- Practice some concentration exercises. This will help you to reject unpleasant thoughts and worries that steal away your peace of mind.
- Learn to practice meditation. Even a few minutes a day will make a change in your life.
Peter Dinklage’s motivational speech to the Bennington College’s Class of 2012May 4, 2017
11 simple tips to get some peace of mindJanuary 21, 2017
How i hope to live this yearJanuary 2, 2017