We are always looking for new and better ways to educate the young. Research Suggests when children are having fun, they tend to learn better. It’s even scientifically proven that retention of information is higher when it is communicated using both visual and verbal communication.I feel animation as a training medium offers exciting possibilities for meeting the needs of 21st century learners. The use of animation instruction can significantly enhance student learning if properly designed and implemented.
Current educational use of animation suggests two main roles in learning.
First purpose of animation in academics is to fulfil a cognitive function. In this role, animations are intended to support students’ cognitive processes that ultimately result in them understanding the subject matter. Animation can be used to make very exciting and fun animations into which education and training can easily be incorporated. Instructors can also use animation to demonstrate things and concepts visually exactly how they want to since they have control of every aspect of the animation. It can be used to show how things come together and work together. In science for example, the computer animation might be used to show how our solar system works, and in math, a computer animation might show a student how one can algebraically manipulate specific equation. Other subjects such as English, foreign language, music, and art can also be thought by using animation.
Secondly, as an affective learning tool that attracts attention, engages the learner, and sustains motivation aspect. Such Affective Animation Training is not focussed on facilitating comprehension of any academic subject matter itself and often portrays activities that are interactive, creative, fun and motivational.
Young people are fascinated by animation and animated stories and they enjoy the opportunity to create their own. The creative potential of animation is enormous, and integrating animation activities into the school curriculum offers the possibility of tapping this potential to meet a range of educational objectives.
Benefits of Animation as an Affective Learning tool
- Emphasises development of students’ skills and understanding of creating and responding.
- Enables students to apply Imagination & Rational Thinking.
- Enables students to invent and explore multiple solutions to a problem.
- Enables students to understand the value of reflection and critical judgment in creative work.
- Facilitates positive peer interaction, including receiving and using feedback.
- Encourages self-motivation to create and problem solve.
- Uses artistic literacy as a natural enhancement to learning in other content areas.
- Fosters positive attitudes toward Art & Animation.
- Introduces career possibilities.
What they need is an easy-to-use Tool/Program that inspires creativity and enables children to “show what they know.”
Schools can train Students in Animation techniques and also incorporate animation in Teaching Cross Discipline subjects. Such Animation Training would promote creativity and motivate students.
Below I have mentioned few advantages of such training
Advantages for Primary Students
- Ignite the creative potential of your students at a young age.
- Perfect introductory tools to learn animation.
- Can be used for presentations/ assignments in science,history,geography classes as well as in after school programs.
- Contribute to increase focus and concentration in class while having fun
Advantages for Secondary Students
- Strengthen your students talent and skill set
- Strong tools to teach foundation of animation
- Promote creativity and motivate students
- Incorporate animation into different subjects to create more engaging presentations
- Develop story telling skills
Share this Post